Information about script Divide Table Row
This script is to enable in InDesign to deal with page breaks within tables as easily as we do this in MS Word.
So DivideTableRow enables to split a table row so that it begins at the bottom of a page and continues at the top of the next one. Of course this process is reversible at will. The script also enables to unmerge merged cells (again to allow page breaks) while preventing appearance of new unwanted horizontal borders between cells. And also studied the issue of table rows with alternating fill, whose logical pattern is broken when a table style is applied after a row was divided, so he added to his script a functionality to restore the logical color alternance by applying the same color to the divided row on both sides of the page break. The script works as well when a table is spread on several text frames/columns on the same page instead of several pages, and warns you in case of text overflow. The demo video on Youtube shows in details the functionalities https://youtu.be/MyyR_jM57Zc (no sound since all comments are displayed in bubbles during the video), so does the pdf manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvtaoum8a78unlb
Lastest 04/26/2021 script update is about cases where some table rows are so high that they don’t fit in a single page https://youtu.be/nNjRJhxa5ZA
Program manual (English) is here:
Users about script Divide Table Row
This last version works perfectly.
I am going to play with and translat it.
It works perfectly!
I'm very happy to use this script. It helps a lot.
I told you I'd give feedback.
I used the script in many documents with different tables and it worked perfectly.
Thank you so much for this great job.
Raphaël Freeman MISTD
I would love to test this out with ltr and rtl.
I do a lot of work with English and Hebrew and Hebrew and Judeo Arabic, and this software would be perfect for me.
So I started to play.
The first table where Hebrew had to be split, it messed up badly on the Hebrew paragraph.
(It didn’t happen in other tables where the Hebrew had to be split).
The second table, all the Hebrew was able to be moved to the previous page, so it worked nicely.
Several tables later, it split the Hebrew correctly, but didn’t do the full justify.
So it might just be that very first table that the Hebrew was messed up.
In a later table, I had numbered lists. It didn’t correctly deal with the list in either English nor Hebrew.
Even though this script is slow and messes up the Hebrew sometimes,
it’s still worth it for me and I will purchase it.
(I can always manually fix the Hebrew which I will have to do anyway!)
It seemed to me that your script was perfect, but this latest improvement has made it spectacular.
Magnificent! You are a genius!
Not too intuitive and perhaps a bit complicated for someone. But it cannot be otherwise, because that work with table 7 is not easy at all.
I don't want to wonder what it would be like to have to do something like that manually.
I hope there is not a lack of many potential interested in the script, because it is really worth it.
Your script never ceases to amaze me. Excellent work.